Coordination & Support
- Reports to the Airtanker Base Manager.
- Supervises mixing crew during mixing operations.
- Ensures chemical fire retardants and suppressants are provided to airtanker(s) at the rate specified and for the expected duration.
- Checks all accessory equipment such as valves, hoses, pumps, and tanks.
- Takes immediate steps to obtain personnel and equipment to perform operations safely and efficiently.
- Plans layout of the plant to conduct operations; is responsible for the cleanliness of the plant area.
- Maintains quality control program for the retardant.
- Logs and reports gallons loaded to aircraft timekeeper; maintains retardant and equipment records.
- Ensures safety of personnel working around the plan; reports all hazards to airtanker base manager.
- Maintains records of all equipment, replacement parts, catalogs, technical manuals, and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ensures OSHA regulations for plant safety are in place and monitored.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- S-130 Basic Firefighter
- I-200 Basic ICS
- S-270 Basic Air Operations
- Basic Fixed wing Safety (OAS)
- Airtanker types & capabilities; basic first aid; basic supervision
- Mixmaster, Fire Ext training, hazardous material training
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: