Operations Section Chief Type 3, OPS3
- Attend briefing from the Agency Administrator or outgoing Incident Commander.
- Identify kind, type and number of resources required to achieve control objectives.
- Collect information from outgoing Operations Section Chief, initial Incident Commander or other personnel responsible for incident.
- Prepare for and participate in strategy meetings.
- Evaluate and monitor current situation.
- Observe and review current operations to prepare tactics for operational period planning meetings.
- Evaluate urban interface needs.
- Evaluate resource status and tactical needs to determine appropriate resource assignments.
- Participate in preparation of IAP.
- Lead operational period briefings.
- Interact and coordinate with Command and General Staff.
- Supervise operations organization.
- Coordinate with replacement Operations Section Chief or others.
- Evaluate overall effectiveness of IAP and adjust when necessary.
- Use fire behavior prediction information to plan and organize tactical operations.
- Update Incident Commander on current accomplishments and/or problems.
- Report special events (incidents, accidents, political contacts, property loss or damage, etc.).
- Ensure all personnel and equipment time records are complete and submitted in a timely manner.
- Consider demobilization needs throughout the incident.
- Assist in development and approval of Incident Demobilization Plan.
- Implement Demobilization Plan.
- Ensure that performance ratings are completed as required by the incident or agency policy.
- Participate in Agency Administrator debriefing.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- ICS-400, Advanced ICS
- Qualified DIVS or ICT3
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: