2014 WOR Day 1: Remembering the Yarnell Hill Fire One Year Ago Today
Week of Remembrance June 30-July 6, 2014
On June 30th 2013 the wildland fire community suffered the tragic loss of 19 firefighters on the Yarnell Hill Fire in Arizona. The purpose of this week is to honor our fallen firefighters by making a commitment that we will apply the lessons we have learned every day, on every fireline we walk, and with every decision we make.
This week we ask that you use the materials provided in these safety messages as a foundation for respectful dialogue and discussion. Apply these lessons to yourself, your crew, your team, and your unit. Ask yourself this…”How can these lessons help change my behavior?”
Today is dedicated to the Granite Mountain Hotshots. Never forgotten.
Learn more about the Yarnell Fire incident:
- Briefing paper, Investigation Report, Incident Overview and more.
- Two More Chains Special Tribute to the Granite Mountain Hotshots
- 10 & 18 Poster, PMS 110-18
- 10 Standard Firefighting Orders, PMS 110
- 18 Watch Out Situations, PMS 118
- Interagency Standards for Fire and Fire Aviation Operations (Red Book)
- NWCG Incident Response Pocket Guide (IRPG), PMS 461
- NWCG Standards for Helicopter Operations, PMS 510
- RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
- Wildland Fire Lessons Learned Center
Have an idea or feedback?
Share it with the NWCG 6MFS Subcommittee.