2015 WOR Day 3: Take 5@2 Escape Routes
Week of Remembrance June 30-July 6, 2015
It’s 1400…you have been working all morning.
- How far away have your safety zones become? Safety zones are only good if you can reach them.
- How long will your escape route take?
- What is the condition of the crew?
- How long will it take your slowest member to get there?
- Are your expectations realistic?
Look at the times below…if your fire blew up right now, can you and every member of your crew make it to your safety zone?
The “Take 5@2” safety messages are a cooperative project of 6 Minutes for Safety, the Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR), NIFC External Affairs, the NWCG Leadership Committee, the NWCG Risk Management Committee, and the Wildland Fire Lessons Learned Center.
- 10 & 18 Poster, PMS 110-18
- 10 Standard Firefighting Orders, PMS 110
- 18 Watch Out Situations, PMS 118
- Interagency Standards for Fire and Fire Aviation Operations (Red Book)
- NWCG Incident Response Pocket Guide (IRPG), PMS 461
- NWCG Standards for Helicopter Operations, PMS 510
- RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
- Wildland Fire Lessons Learned Center
Have an idea or feedback?
Share it with the NWCG 6MFS Subcommittee.