2017 WOR Day 2: Getting Real About Leadership
Week of Remembrance June 30-July 6, 2017
We all lead on the fireline, whether we are conscious of it or not. Decisions are rarely made in a vacuum. We all contribute to how decisions get made. One of the most important decisions made regarding wildland fire is whether or not we “engage.” How is this decision really made?
Engage or not Engage?
Look at pages 1 and 2 in the IRPG—they are intended to aid us with this crucial decision:
Discuss the following questions:
How are these decisions really made?
What drives us?
Who makes these decisions?
How realistic are these IRPG references?
Want context from a real-life event? Watch and discuss Episode 1 of the Nuttall Fire Story video series here:
- 10 & 18 Poster, PMS 110-18
- 10 Standard Firefighting Orders, PMS 110
- 18 Watch Out Situations, PMS 118
- Interagency Standards for Fire and Fire Aviation Operations (Red Book)
- NWCG Incident Response Pocket Guide (IRPG), PMS 461
- NWCG Standards for Helicopter Operations, PMS 510
- RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
- Wildland Fire Lessons Learned Center
Have an idea or feedback?
Share it with the NWCG 6MFS Subcommittee.