2017 WOR Day 4: Getting Real About Complexity
Week of Remembrance June 30-July 6, 2017
Sometimes our plans don’t work out. We know this, that is why we have contingency plans — but how many contingency plans should you have? How do you prepare for the complexity we face?
What if you were dealing with:
- Differing opinions ("Don't go to H-4" or "We're going to H-4")
- First plan doesn't work (escape route cut off)
- Surprising fire behavior
- Not everyone is aware of who is on the line
- Medical emergency
- Layout not known to all (Trail vs. Handline)
Discuss the following questions:
- How will you prepare for each instance?
- How will you prepare for all of them happening at the same time?
Want context from a real-life event? Watch and discuss Episode 3 of the Nuttall Fire Story video series here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yt0l100jpw
Incident Management Situation Report (IMSR)
Incident Response Pocket Guide (IRPG), PMS 461
NWCG Standards for Helicopter Operations, PMS 510
RT-130, Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher (WFSTAR)
Interagency Standards for Fire and Fire Aviation Operations (Red Book)
Wildland Fire Lessons Learned Center
Have an idea? Have feedback? Share it.
EMAIL | Facebook | URL: https://www.nwcg.gov/committees/6-Minutes-for-safety
MAIL: 6 Minutes for Safety Subcommittee • 3833 S. Development Ave • Boise, ID 83705 | FAX: 208-387-5378