The Leadership Committee (LC) promotes and enables the development of leaders in the wildland fire service. The LC provides educational and leadership development opportunities, and supports leadership innovation and best practices throughout the wildland fire community.
- Ensure that key stakeholders and partners are identified and engaged in committee activities.
- Ensure that leadership training is of high quality, is consistent with program doctrine, and is aligned with target audiences.
- Manage the Wildland Fire Leadership Development Program (WFLDP).
- Ensure capacity, accessibility and quality of WFLDP products meet demand.
- Continually seek to improve and incorporate best practices in leadership development.
- Contribute to the standardization of information technology systems (such as FireNet, IROC, etc.) to collect and distribute data, processes, forms, and other operational elements.
Wildland Fire Leadership Development Program: www.fireleadership.gov
Wildland Fire Leadership Levels - The wildland fire leadership levels illustrate the standard for desired leaderships skills and knowledge needed at various levels of the organization.