Safety Officer Type 2, SOF2
- Participates in planning meetings.
- Prepares and presents safety briefings.
- Identifies hazardous situations associated with the incident. Identifies those risks or hazards with the highest potential for serious accident or injury.
- Ensures the safety, welfare, and accountability of assigned personnel during the entire duration of the incident (air and ground).
- Reviews the Incident Action Plan for safety implications.
- Exercises emergency authority to stop and prevent unsafe acts.
- Investigates accidents that have occurred within the incident area.
- Assigns assistants as needed.
- Reviews and approves the medical plan.
- Interacts and coordinates with all command and general staff.
- Develops a safety action plan.
- Develops an “incident within an incident” response plan.
- Develops ICS Form 215A, Incident Safety Analysis, and planning matrix.
- Prepares narrative or special reports.
- Requests assistance from health departments when necessary with food and sanitation.
- Maintains unit log.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Command and General Staff (S-420)
- Satisfactory performance as a DIVS
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: