Faller, Basic, FAL3
- Receives briefing from supervisor.
- Participates in organized and coordinated crew tactical actions.
- Rearranges and removes fuels near the fireline to reduce threat of spotting or slopovers.
- Participates in reducing the threat of fire exposure to improved properties.
- Follows established procedures in securing the fireline.
- Locates and suppresses fire within the assigned area.
- Detects or locates hot materials or burning fuels.
- Maintains communications with designated personnel.
- Identifies situations which warrant immediate action and/or reporting.
- Assumes responsibility for fire tools, equipment and gear.
- Assumes responsibility for safety and welfare of yourself and others. Reports any threat.
- Follows safety procedures for transporting personnel and equipment.
- Follows local policies to maintain environmental quality.
- Falls small sized woody material *up to 12 inch dbh).
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Geographic Area chainsaw certification as a Faller A.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: