- Online Data Sources
- Desktop Applications
- Google Earth Pro
- Mobile Applications
Online Data Sources
In addition to the following national sources, inquire about local GIS resource availability.
Viewing 3D Terrain in Google Earth Pro requires selecting the terrain option from the bottom of the layers portion of the left side menu.
- Active Fire Mapping Bundle
- WFAS Fire Weather Observations/Forecasts
- NWS Data in KML Formats
- WFDSS Incident, Group, and Analysis Data
- Public Land Survey (PLSGE)
- USGS Topographic Maps
Collector works on iOS, Android, and Windows 10 and allows the user to collect and update information in the field, take maps and data offline, sync changes when connected, attribute data collection with easy-to-use map-driven forms, and capture and share photos and videos.
Avenza Maps is GIS technology available on Apple, Android, and Windows devices for navigation, information collection, and sharing geographic information and knowledge. It displays geospatial PDF, GeoPDF® and GeoTIFF and interacts with the GPS on the device, allowing the user to record GPS tracks, add placemarks, and find places.
Avenza Maps Pro users will be able to import and export shapefiles and current capabilities of the Avenza PDF Maps App in terms of data collection and editing but with Avenza Maps Pro, shapefiles are a supported import/export format. More features will be added, over time. It is a subscription service, requiring registration of individual devices.
With the release of the Pro version, the current standard Avenza PDF Maps App will be changing, the most significant change will be users may only access five maps at any time on their device, unless the maps have all been obtained from the Avenza Map Store. It is strongly recommended that all users upgrade to the new Avenza Maps Pro version.
Avenza Maps Pro may be available under an enterprise license contract through the U.S. Forest Service.
- Gaia GPS and GaiaPro - Gaia GPS integrates topo maps, offline navigation tools, and planning features, seamlessly across phones, tablets, and gaiagps.com. GaiaPro spans Gaia GPS on iOS, and Android. GaiaPro is an upgrade to the standard application, including custom maps, premium satellite imagery, public land, hunting zones, and tools including layered maps, area measurement, and printing.
- You Need a Map - A map that works in Apple IOS to provide coverage of the US without a cell phone signal, showing not just roads but also terrain, streams, lakes, and other landmarks.