Edit Incident Data
Editing the incident data is the first step in the cyclical portion of the GISS Workflow.
All editing of incident data should be done in the Edit Project on an Offline Copy. Downloading a new Offline Copy is not necessary each time edits are needed in the same AOI, but the Offline Copy must be sync’d before and after editing data.
GISS Workflow Diagram: Edit Incident Data
Edit Incident Data – Repeat as Necessary
Edit the NIFS (Offline Copy).
- Secure information through the Situation Unit Leader (SITL) to create/edit incident data.
- Process/Convert/Import incoming data and store per GeoOps file structure.
Open the Edit Project and sync Offline Copy. Edit incident data (only edit your incident).
- Edit the EventPolygon first. Calculate Geometries and populate attributes.
- Edit the PerimeterLine features to match the Wildfire Daily Fire Perimeter. Calculate Geometries and populate attributes.
- Edit the EventLine, EventPoint, and Accountable Property features in a logical order. Calculate Geometries and populate attributes.
- Edit the LabelPoint features to create assignment labels, if needed.
- Manage suppression repair data.
- Update Metadata in the DynamicTextUpdate table.
- Save data edits, sync Offline Copy, and save Edit Project.
- Export the latest fire perimeter to a progression GDB for use in the progression maps.
- Calculate containment, ownership acres, etc.
YouTube Playlist: Edit Incident Data