Edit Incident Data
Editing the incident data is the first step in the cyclical portion of the NWCG GISS Workflow.
Ideally, it is done once or twice daily in batches to reduce data clutter and associated workload in backups, calculations, and analysis.
All editing of incident data should be done in either a Local Copy or the Edit GDB.
GISS Workflow Diagram: Edit Incident Data
Click image to open larger in a new window.
Edit Incident Data – Repeat as Necessary
- Edit the GDB (Local Copy or Edit Incident GDB).
- Secure information through the Situation Unit Leader (SITL) to create/edit incident data.
- Process/Convert/Import incoming data and store per GeoOps file structure.
- Open the Edit Project and create a new Local Copy if necessary (watch AOI and only edit your incident). Edit the GDB.
- Save data edits and save Edit Project.
- Export the latest fire perimeter to a progression GDB for use in the progression maps.
- Calculate containment, ownership acres, etc.